As you know that SBI is one of the highly trusted banks in India. A huge number of people prefer this bank for an account because of easy accessibility and also the ease of branch availability, the ATM, and also due to other online services as well. If you are having an SBI account then this article on “How to Change Address in SBI Account” is going to be very helpful for you.
There are lots of people who want to know the process of how to change addresses in SBI accounts in a quick manner and if you are one of them then you have to read this article till the end in a detailed manner in order to understand the complete process in a detailed manner.
How to Change Address in SBI Account?
Due to some reasons, when we shift our home from one place to another, then our address will also get changed, and then we have to change the address in our bank records as well. Without updating the address, the bank won’t be able to contact you for any of the banking related documents and you may miss out on lots of important services provided by the bank.
The current rule of the New Chip-based ATM card is that it will get sent to your registered address but lots of SBI customers don’t get their new ATM card as they didn’t update their latest address with their bank records. So, in this case, this guide is going to be helpful for you to get to know about how to change addresses in SBI accounts in a very easy and simple manner.
Documents Required to Change Address in SBI Account
To do this work, you only need to have a simple KYC document and below, we are going to share the list of the documents which get accepted easily.
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Ration Card
- NREGA Card
- LIC Policy
- Election Card
You just simply have to take a photocopy of the document and also have to sign on it as well. The document must need to contain your latest address otherwise the bank can’t be able to verify your current address.
How to Change Address in SBI Account Online? [Full Steps]
You simply have to follow the easy and simple steps in terms of changing the address in the SBI account which we are going to share below.
- First of all, you need to make a visit to your nearby SBI branch.
- When you make a visit to the bank then you need to simply ask for the address change form from the help desk counter of the SBI branch Download SBI Address Change Form.
- Now, simply fill the form properly with your account number, old address, and also your new address.
- Also, you need to re-check the details which you have filled in the form which must need to be corrected.
- Now, simply sign the form with your present signature in the SBI account.
- Also, make sure to mention the current date on the form as well.
- Now, you have to simply attach the photocopy of the document which is having your new address, and then sign on it.
- Check the list of accepted documents that we have shared above.
- Now, you need to simply submit the document to the corresponding executive.
- Then, the executive will ask you for the original document which you have attached with the form and then he or she will verify your present address.
- Then, the executive will update your new address into the database of the bank.
- After a few minutes, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number which states that “your address is changed as per your request”.
So, this is the process of how you can easily change the address in your SBI account.
Change Address in SBI Account Through SBI Mobile App
You can also be allowed to change the address in an SBI account with the help of the official app of the State bank of India. To know more, check out the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you have to open the play store or app store of your device.
- Then, you need to download the SBI mobile app onto your device.
- When the app gets installed properly then you need to make a login into the app with the help of your login credentials.
- After this, you have to upload the scanned copy of your present address.
- Then, you have to make a click on the submit button.
Change Address in SBI Account Through SBI.co.in [Official Website]
In terms of changing the address into your SBI account, you can simply be able to use the official website of the state bank of India. Follow the below-given steps to complete the process.
- First of all, you have to open the official website and then make a login into your SBI account.
- You need to make a click on the profile section.
- After this, look for the option of change or update address and click on it.
- Then, you will see an option to upload supporting documents.
- Simply upload the scanned copy of all your current and permanent addresses.
- Then, click on the submit button.
- Now, the address will get updated into your bank account when it gets verified by the authorities of the bank.
How to Check Updated New Address in SBI Account?
You can simply be able to check out your new updated address with the help of the SBI internet banking service. To know the steps, check out the below-given details properly.
- First of all, you have to make a login into your account via internet banking with the help of your username and password.
- Then, you need to go to the account statement section where you have to select the account number.
- Then, make a click on the statement period and simply select the period of the statement.
- Now, make a click on the proceed button.
- Now, on the next screen, you will be able to see the account details along with the newly updated address.
More SBI Guide:
In the above-given guide, we have shared mostly all the details about how to change address in SBI account which will be helpful for you to update your address into your SBI bank account in a very easy and simple manner. You can also be able to complete this task by simply filling the SBI address change form and submitting it to the bank along with all the necessary documents. If this article or guide is helpful for you and helps you to understand the complete process then do share this article with other people so that they can also benefit from this guide.